Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is it really a pilgrimage?

Ah, the beauty of being the "blog master." When the mood strikes, I can insert a post or two... All week I had been waiting for my day to blog. The title was going to be, "Really, I'm not in charge." For the youth are finding it funny to say, "Patty's in charge." To which I and every other adult says, "No, (I'm) she's not." But to the point, is this a pilgrimage? After all aren't we in Madrid with air conditioning no less.

All true, but in every sense of the word, we are on a journey where we are all allowing God to reach deeper into ourselves than we ever have before. In the Madrid summer (drier than home) 100 degree heat, where deodorant lasts the first 15 minutes of the day, we are walking longer, standing longer, singing louder (all of us), praying and sharing more than we ever dreamed we could. We are listening, learning and growing Firm In Our Faith.

We are a pilgrim people. St. George parish, be very proud of your young pilgrims. I am. And, I'm not in charge. God is.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Patty. God is in charge, but he sent you to watch over the Dragaroos in his flock. God be with all of you.
    J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this, Patty! It has been so good to read all of your reflections and I look forward to those to come. God bless!
    Ms Dolliver

    ReplyDelete